90-year-old woman targeted by burglars in Littleport
POLICE are appealing for information after a 90-year-old woman was targeted by burglars in Littleport.
The incident happened at about 8pm on Wednesday (December 12) in Victoria Street, Littleport.
The men broke in through the bedroom window of a 90-year-old woman’s home.
The burglars left empty-handed when the woman shouted for help. They are described as young men and aged about 18 to 20.
Detective Sergeant John Yore, who is investigating, said: “This was a despicable crime in which an elderly woman was targeted and left extremely upset.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who think they know who may have carried out this crime or saw anything suspicious in the area at the time to contact police.
“We would urge people to keep their windows secured and locked at all times and look out for your elderly neighbours.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Yore on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.