£900 worth of loft insulation, stacked onto pallets, stolen after it fell from a lorry near Wisbech and awaiting collection
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole 48 rolls of loft insulation left by the side of the A47 after falling from a lorry.
The loft insulation, worth £900, fell from a lorry at the Tilney St Lawrence roundabout towards Wisbech at around 1pm last Thursday.
A police spokesman said the driver had some assistance to stack the loft insulation onto two pallets for collection later.
“The driver got some assistance to put the loft insulation onto the pallets but when someone was sent to collect it at 3.30pm it had been stolen,” said the spokesman.
Norfolk Police would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the theft or anyone with further information.
You may also want to watch:
Contact PC Peter Warby at Downham Market Police Station on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The spokesman said it may well be that people spotted the loft insulation being picked up and may have thought it was being collected by the owners.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover