A 20mph speed limit idea is “ridiculous”
Reading the Standard I again find myself, embarrassingly, agreeing with Councillor Steve Tierney.
The proposals for a 20mph speed limit are both ridiculous and unworkable.
The cost of erecting signs and, God forbid, speed-bumps would be prohibitive.
Also, how would these speed limits be enforced? Experience tells me that, for a few days, we would get a few, very ineffective PCSOs.
I recently had to point out to one of these “boy scouts on bicycles” what his duties are, followed by a complete absence of police activity.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps the councillors involved intend to don day-glow jackets and caps and do the job themselves!
Let us hope that they are more effective at traffic control than they are at running a council.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
Cllr Tierney is right- the money would be better spent on road improvement and parking restrictions