A 50km walk in the park
THE weather was kind on Sunday when young people and leaders from the Meadowgate School, Wisbech, took part in a sponsored walk around a 1km circuit at Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon. The event was staged to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Duke o
THE weather was kind on Sunday when young people and leaders from the Meadowgate School, Wisbech, took part in a sponsored walk around a 1km circuit at Hinchingbrooke Park in Huntingdon.
The event was staged to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award and coincided with many other 50/50 Challenges throughout the UK.
Cambridgeshire's contribution was to organise the 50/50 Challenge at Hinchingbrooke, which required each team to walk 50km. Participants and leaders walked between 5km and 17km to achieve the team total of 50km.
As the weather changed from mist and drizzle to sunshine the day ended up very warm. Everyone agreed that it had been a lot of fun and well worth doing.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The Duke of Edinburgh's Award is very popular in Cambridgeshire with over 2,500 young people participating in 40 groups across the country. To find out more about the award near you visit www.cambsaward.org or ring 01223 718476.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government