A cacophony of colour at the Manea Gala
- Credit: Archant
A big thank you has gone out to everybody who helped make the 61st Manea gala a success.
The day saw another successful year of fun and entertainment - despite the rain.
Crowds flocked to the event which launched with the traditional parade of tractors, floats, classic vehicles and brightly dressed walking paraders who wound their way to the sports field where there was a host of games, stalls and refreshments.
Their Facebook page said: “Thank you to everyone who attended the gala. The committee for all their hard work, time and planning. “The feedback on the Facebook page is lovely to see the enjoyment that was had by all.
“Thank you to the people around the community that pulled together to support the gala and help them over the weekend. All the local businesses that donated prizes. The people that gave their time.”
You may also want to watch:
The day saw a full afternoon’s schedule for the main ring along with funfair rides, numerous stalls, sideshows, competitions, classic cars, tractors, motorbikes, a Battle of Britain flypast, all day bar and live music.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens