A chance to get up close and personal with Welney’s wild nightlife
- Credit: Archant
Welney and Wetland Trust are offering a chance to explore the reserve at dusk with a warden to get closer to our nocturnal wildlife.
The Bat & Barn Owl Evening is on Saturday July 2 runs from 8.30pm to 11pm and costs £10 per adult, £5 per child. Booking is essential.
Hundreds of species use the Trust’s wetlands under the cover of darkness and you can meet some of them.
Barn owls hunt in the vast openness of the Fen landscape, after sunset you will watch for the first individuals coming out to hunt over the wet grasslands.
Eight species of bat use the reserve to hunt for their insect prey, and you will use bat detectors to listen to their calls and watch as they fly overhead at dusk.
You may also want to watch:
Light and scent stations will be set up to attract a range of moth species and you will be able to see that moths are just as colourful as butterflies - if not more!
Book in advance by calling 01353 860711 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens