A chance to win tickets for the fabulous Burghley House Battle Proms at Stamford worth £62
- Credit: Archant
Fancy a fabulous evening of entertainment complete with cavalry charges, fireworks and classical music?
Then this is the competition for you.
We are offering readers of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard the chance to win a pair of tickets worth at least £62 for next year’s Burghley House Battle Proms being held at the Stamford estate on Saturday July 8.
Tickets for this concert, which treats audiences to what organisers describe as a mix of “sublime classical music, carefully choreographed Spitfire and cavalry displays, dramatic cannon fire and stunning firework finales,” went on sale last week.
But we have four pairs of tickets up for grabs in our competition for this fantastic day out.
You may also want to watch:
This year the proms series celebrates its 20th anniversary and the elegant Elizabethan Burghley House makes the perfect backdrop for a dramatic night of music.
With an expected crowd of around 7,000 happy picnickers, it will be the place to be next summer.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
And if the concert is not for you, then the tickets could make a wonderful festive surprise for a friend or loved one this Christmas.
To be in with a chance of winning simply answer the following question: In what era was Burghley House built? Send your answer, together with your name and contact details including phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Audmoor House, 93 High Street, March. PE15 9LH. Mark your entry proms comp. Closing date is noon on Friday December 2. First four correct answers out of ‘the hat’ will each win a pair of tickets (editor’s decision is final).
For more information, or to book tickets, visit www.battleproms.com or call 01432 355 416.