‘A good set of results by any standards’ says Cromwell Community College principal
- Credit: Archant
CROMWELL Community College, in Chatteris, celebrated the second best set of GCSE results the college has ever achieved when students opened their results today.
With a five per cent rise on last year’s results, 60 per cent of students achieved five A*-C including English & Maths, and 81 per cent achieved five A*-C or equivalent overall.
Principal Jed Robers said: “For the fourth successive year every student has left Cromwell with at least one GCSE pass and 97 per cent achieved five GCSE passes.
“Set against a backdrop of more stringent marking in a number of subjects and grade boundaries being moved up these are a good set of results by any standards.
“Our congratulations go to all of our students and a particular well done goes to Laura Baker, Tom Wayman, Jessica Coe, Anastasia Fleming and Jasmine Thomas who all achieved at least 10 A* or A grades.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to all concerned, thank you to all the parents who have supported us over the past five years and best wishes for the future.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol