A-LEVEL RESULTS DAY 2017: Cromwell Community College students celebrate impressive A-Level results
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College is celebrating another year of positive A-Level results.
Almost a quarter of all A-Level grades were A* to A with two thirds of students achieving at least one A grade or Distinction*.
Nearly 10 per cent of all A-Level grades were A*, surpassing the national average. Four students gained all A* or A grades.
Jane Horn, principal, said: “We are delighted the confidence that the students and parents put in us was justified. The rapidly growing sixth form is going from strength to strength and the successes across all subjects reflect the fabulous teaching and learning at the college.
“Subjects such as Biology, Geography, Religious Studies and English performed particularly well, significantly exceeding national results.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud of our students today and what they have all achieved.”
Stand out results included:
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 4 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Man who emailed Angela Rayner felt she was 'partially responsible' for death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
• Will Baker: AAA
• Olivia Carr: ABB
• Laura Davidson: A*A*B
• Sophie Dawson: A*A*A
• Frances Eastol: A*AB
• Megan Hawes: A*A*B
• Tara Herbert: A*AA
• Nathan Kent: A*AA
• Luciana Maffei: A*AC
• Ellen Turner: A*AB
• Saule Ziogelyte: A*BB