A-LEVEL RESULTS: Stunning improvements made at College of West Anglia
STAFF at the College of West Anglia are celebrating this morning after its students achieved an overall pass rate of 96 per cent.
At the college’s King’s Lynn campus, A-Level students enjoyed a pass rate of 96.1 per cent at grades A-E, and an excellent 62.5 per cent at A-C, an increase of over 3 per cent on 2010’s results.
A stunning improvement in AS Level results saw an 80 per cent pass rate at A-E, up 13 per cent on last year, and 43 per cent at A-C - an increase of more than 8 per cent on last year.
David Pomfret, the college’s principal, said: “We are immensely proud of our student’s achievements.
“They reflect both the hard work and commitment of our students and the high quality of teaching and learning in our college. I would like to congratulate all our students and staff on their success.
“We are also delighted with the 14 subjects that achieved a 100 per cent pass rate, this, coupled with the majority of our A-Level students attaining higher A-C grades, means that more of them will be accepted into their first choice college or university.”
The Wisbech Partnership between COWA’s Isle Campus and Thomas Clarkson Community College also showed overall pass rate improvement.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
The A-Level pass rate was up slightly at 94.2 per cent at grades A-E with 46.2 per cent achieving A-C
There was an 80 per cent pass rate at grades A-E in the AS Level results, up some 3 per cent on last year and 32 per cent of students achieved grades A-C.
Eight out of the 11 A-Level subject areas achieved 100 per cent pass rate.
• The College is offering free, impartial advice, guidance and support to students, whatever their grades, on career and course choices.
Visit the King’s Lynn or Isle Campus for further information or contact Student Services on 01553 761144 (King’s Lynn) or 01945 466302 (Isle).
• Return to the website later today for more A-Level and AS Level results