A-LEVEL RESULTS: Stunning improvements made at College of West Anglia
STAFF at the College of West Anglia are celebrating this morning after its students achieved an overall pass rate of 96 per cent.
At the college’s King’s Lynn campus, A-Level students enjoyed a pass rate of 96.1 per cent at grades A-E, and an excellent 62.5 per cent at A-C, an increase of over 3 per cent on 2010’s results.
A stunning improvement in AS Level results saw an 80 per cent pass rate at A-E, up 13 per cent on last year, and 43 per cent at A-C - an increase of more than 8 per cent on last year.
David Pomfret, the college’s principal, said: “We are immensely proud of our student’s achievements.
“They reflect both the hard work and commitment of our students and the high quality of teaching and learning in our college. I would like to congratulate all our students and staff on their success.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also delighted with the 14 subjects that achieved a 100 per cent pass rate, this, coupled with the majority of our A-Level students attaining higher A-C grades, means that more of them will be accepted into their first choice college or university.”
The Wisbech Partnership between COWA’s Isle Campus and Thomas Clarkson Community College also showed overall pass rate improvement.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The A-Level pass rate was up slightly at 94.2 per cent at grades A-E with 46.2 per cent achieving A-C
There was an 80 per cent pass rate at grades A-E in the AS Level results, up some 3 per cent on last year and 32 per cent of students achieved grades A-C.
Eight out of the 11 A-Level subject areas achieved 100 per cent pass rate.
• The College is offering free, impartial advice, guidance and support to students, whatever their grades, on career and course choices.
Visit the King’s Lynn or Isle Campus for further information or contact Student Services on 01553 761144 (King’s Lynn) or 01945 466302 (Isle).
• Return to the website later today for more A-Level and AS Level results