A lot to sing and dance about at successful church fayre in March
- Credit: Archant
Fun and sunshine came to town when a church held its popular annual summer fete.
Music, games, singing and refreshments were part of the entertainment on offer to help raise funds for the recent restoration on the church hall at Our Lady of Good Counsel in St John’s road.
The day included entertainment from popular duo Back Two, a barbecue and a range of home baked goodies.
Parish Priest, Fr Paul Maddison, said the fete coincided with an opportunity for the community to go along and see the modern new hall now available to be booked by community groups and for parties.
He said: “As a parish we are delighted that the hall is shortly to be back in use and that we will have a modern, warm and inviting space for use not only by ourselves but by the wider community.
You may also want to watch:
“The job has been far from straight forward with a very limited site and a number of unforeseen issues.”
Redesigned by local architect Ted Brand, the hall now features a modern fully equipped kitchen, meeting rooms, toilets, office space and a fully upgraded large hall.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
It is fully accessible and connects directly with the church.