A mighty roar of thanks from the Whittlesey Lions for generous donations during the Santa charity collection
- Credit: Archant
The Whittlesey and District Lions Club have sent a hearty thank you to people for their generosity which has meant they have smashed their previous year’s total for the Christmas Santa float collection.
This year the club has already started to use the money by donating £250 to John Ferridge’s Children with Cancer lights appeal in Arnolds Lane and £150 to Millie Cousins, for her Little Princes Trust challenge.
Other projects planned are to help Peterborough Association for the Blind as well as local youth organisations, groups and individuals.
“The motto is we collect locally so we can donate locally,” said Steve Palmer.
“So if you know of anyone who could with a little help, please let us know.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a small friendly club who would welcome new members. As well as fund raising, we organise social events and outings, so if you have a few hours to spare, we would love to hear from you.”
The next Lions date for the diary is the annual charity golf day at Ramsey on Wednesday April 20. Details yet to be announced.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Mr palmer said: “We would also like to thank our supporters who helped us collect. Without their help we would not have been able to achieve this.”
If you are interested in joining contact Steve Palmer on firstname.lastname@example.org or find them on Facebook.