A plea comes all the way from Australia - can you help find my sister living in the Fenland area?
- Credit: Archant
A man is sending a plea all the way from Australia to find the sister he never met and who may not even know he exists.
Dennis Carroll believes his father, who had the same name, died in the Wisbech area 20 years ago.
He thinks his sister Kim may still live locally.
Dennis said: “I really don’t know whether my sister will be alive or recepetive if she found out about me.
“I would imagine her age to be somewhere between 50-70.
You may also want to watch:
“I think that my father, Dennis Carroll, died in sheltered housing in your area.
“Dad apparently lost a leg through cancer and then succumbed. This was about 20 years ago. I have no specific dates.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
“I was told he had a daughter Kim Carroll who nursed him through it and she lives in your area.
“I managed to get some pictures recently from my Dad’s brother Ronnie (now gone).
““My birth certificate shows Dennis Carroll, lorry driver as father.
“My mother was Alice Elizabeth Ford. They weren’t married”.
His mothers side are now all dead.
Dennis continued: “When I was born my father attempted to get custody with his sister Aunty Connie (now passed).
“I did speak to her some years ago by phone when I found her in London but what she told me caused me to nearly have a breakdown.”
• Did you know Dennis Carroll? Do you know Kim Carroll? If you can help please contact email@example.com