Driver fails to appreciate reasons why it’s called a ROUND-about - she got arrested for drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who ended up ‘parked’ in the middle of a roundabout was twice over the legal limit to drive, according to police.
They came across her car on Friday night at the Mill Hill roundabout, March.
An officer posted to their Policing Fenland Facebook page: “We have educated one driver that the middle of a roundabout is not the place to park your car.
“It is certainly not the place to park your car when you are twice over the drink drive limit. This driver will have time to reflect on their actions while spending the night in custody.”
A police spokesperson said: “Officers were in March on Saturday when a call came in for a single vehicle crash on the A141
You may also want to watch:
“They found the driver, a woman in her 30s, uninjured but over the drink drive limit
“So, after explaining why she couldn’t park on a roundabout, they escorted her to custody!”
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
Earlier police attended a robbery in March.