Driver fails to appreciate reasons why it’s called a ROUND-about - she got arrested for drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who ended up ‘parked’ in the middle of a roundabout was twice over the legal limit to drive, according to police.
They came across her car on Friday night at the Mill Hill roundabout, March.
An officer posted to their Policing Fenland Facebook page: “We have educated one driver that the middle of a roundabout is not the place to park your car.
“It is certainly not the place to park your car when you are twice over the drink drive limit. This driver will have time to reflect on their actions while spending the night in custody.”
A police spokesperson said: “Officers were in March on Saturday when a call came in for a single vehicle crash on the A141
You may also want to watch:
“They found the driver, a woman in her 30s, uninjured but over the drink drive limit
“So, after explaining why she couldn’t park on a roundabout, they escorted her to custody!”
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 3 Homes for Chatteris included in £16.8m combined authority fund
- 4 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 5 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 6 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 7 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 8 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 9 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 10 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
Earlier police attended a robbery in March.