Driver fails to appreciate reasons why it’s called a ROUND-about - she got arrested for drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who ended up ‘parked’ in the middle of a roundabout was twice over the legal limit to drive, according to police.
They came across her car on Friday night at the Mill Hill roundabout, March.
An officer posted to their Policing Fenland Facebook page: “We have educated one driver that the middle of a roundabout is not the place to park your car.
“It is certainly not the place to park your car when you are twice over the drink drive limit. This driver will have time to reflect on their actions while spending the night in custody.”
A police spokesperson said: “Officers were in March on Saturday when a call came in for a single vehicle crash on the A141
You may also want to watch:
“They found the driver, a woman in her 30s, uninjured but over the drink drive limit
“So, after explaining why she couldn’t park on a roundabout, they escorted her to custody!”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
Earlier police attended a robbery in March.