A sleet and snowy start to the day but the weather in Ely and Fenland should improve from mid-morning - although it will stay cold
- Credit: Archant
It may be snowing or sleeting now if you look out of your window as the day was due to start cloudy with periods of rain, sleet or snow, especially near the coast.
But from later this morning conditions are set to improve with sunny spells developing as the sleet clears southwards. However, it will remain cold and windy with gales along the Norfolk coast.
Tonight our area is likely to stay dry and clear as winds ease, though further wintry showers will affect the coast where it will stay very windy. Feeling bitterly cold. And we can expect to wake up tomorrow to a sharp frost.
There was a yellow warning for ice overnight, but that should also end mid morning today.
Tomorrow is set to be a cold day with some brighter spells in the west, however the east will see further wintry showers, though these will tend to die out later in the day.
You may also want to watch:
The outlook for Sunday to Tuesday is for a gradual change to milder conditions, but generally cloudy with periods of rain, heavy at times on Sunday.
Some drier and possibly brighter periods on Monday and Tuesday.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
Temperatures remain the same for most of next week around 5 to 6 degrees centigrade with temperatures hovering around freezing overnight.