A sparkling night of festive family fun in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Friday was a night to remember in Whittlesey when families flocked to town for the annual Christmas extravaganza.
With the fun focused on the Market Square including a dazzling festive fair the event was officially launched by mayor Councillor Alex Miscandlon.
New Road Molly dancers showcased their talent and Brian Smithyman was the Master of Ceremonies.
The Whittlesey Tangent Club created a fabulous grotto for requests to Santa and there were plenty of fun fair rides for children.
Whittlesey Christian Church set up a face painting stall and a balloon modeller wowed visitors with amazing balloon creations.
You may also want to watch:
Other entertainment included a new Punch & Judy show and of the local charity groups with a host of stalls.
The steam engine, Thursford organ and Whittlesey Fire engine all added to the sparkle.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
20Twenty Productions performed before the Cambridgeshire Caledonian Pipe Band played.
The evening came to a festive end with carol singing supported by the Salvation Army Band and singers from St Mary’s Church choir and the Whittlesey Singers.