A sweet deal: Fen firm Knowles Transport lands five-year contract from The Silver Spoon Company
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland transport firm has landed a five-year contract with one of the country’s top food manufacturers.
Knowles Transport, which has offices in March and Wisbech, has won the contract with The Silver Spoon Company, meaning the firm will now collect from the company’s numerous manufacturing plants across the UK.
The agreement will see Knowles manage storage, handling and customer services.
Alex Knowles, commercial director at Knowles Transport, said: “Our operational flexibility and alternative distribution models, which help to reduce mileage and increase efficiency, were key factors in The Silver Spoon Company’s decision to work with us.
“Over the past five years our ability to offer bespoke commercial and operational offerings has evolved significantly and we are confident of continued growth in the consumer sector.”
You may also want to watch:
Warehousing will take place at Knowles’ new 270,000 sq ft distribution centre in Wisbech, which opened in January, part of the company’s two million sq ft storage portfolio.
Warehouse layout and racking configuration has been purpose-built for the range of The Silver Spoon Company products while Knowles’ investment in the latest technology and flexible approach were important deciding factors when awarding the contract.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
Paul Jaggard, head of logistics at The Silver Spoon Company, said: “Reducing road miles and benefitting from a swift, efficient and flexible supply chain are important factors for The Silver Spoon Company.
“Knowles Transport offered this alongside a clear understanding of our requirements and the ability to deliver a range of warehousing and distribution services.”