A sympathetically extended home in Whittlesey boasting a host of luxury features could be yours
THERE is a unique opportunity to buy a charming 17th Century cottage set in the heart of Whittlesey – the home of the famous Straw Bear Festival.
The four-bedroom property, called The Locks, incorporates a wealth of features to make it a special country home.
The bespoke country kitchen is a cook’s dream, with its hand-painted solid wood kitchen cabinets, and the entrance hall/family room boasts an inglenook fireplace.
The Locks is in Barr’s Street, part of the town’s conservation area, and is being offered for sale by Whittlesey estate agents Grays at a price of �285,000.
The sympathetically extended property includes four reception rooms. The family room has a natural slate floor and exposed beams. The sun room faces south and has double French doors leading into the garden. An open fire is located in the lounge, and the sitting room has a hand painted decorative fire surround.
You may also want to watch:
The cabinets in the kitchen diner include an integrated fridge, dishwasher, freezer and waste bin. The solid black granite worktops house a vegetable preparation bowl under one window and a large fireclay piecrust sink under a second window. There is a walk-in pantry.
On the first floor, the master bedroom has a dressing area and an ensuite bathroom with a fully tiled walk-in shower and double ended bath.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 9 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
Two more bedroooms are on the first floor, along with a family bathroom. A fourth bedroom/study is located on the ground floor.
The rear cottage style garden is mostly enclosed by a brick wall; there is a detached garden with a workshop.
• For more information, contact Grays on 01733 203203 or visit www.grayshomes.com