A sympathetically extended home in Whittlesey boasting a host of luxury features could be yours
THERE is a unique opportunity to buy a charming 17th Century cottage set in the heart of Whittlesey – the home of the famous Straw Bear Festival.
The four-bedroom property, called The Locks, incorporates a wealth of features to make it a special country home.
The bespoke country kitchen is a cook’s dream, with its hand-painted solid wood kitchen cabinets, and the entrance hall/family room boasts an inglenook fireplace.
The Locks is in Barr’s Street, part of the town’s conservation area, and is being offered for sale by Whittlesey estate agents Grays at a price of �285,000.
The sympathetically extended property includes four reception rooms. The family room has a natural slate floor and exposed beams. The sun room faces south and has double French doors leading into the garden. An open fire is located in the lounge, and the sitting room has a hand painted decorative fire surround.
You may also want to watch:
The cabinets in the kitchen diner include an integrated fridge, dishwasher, freezer and waste bin. The solid black granite worktops house a vegetable preparation bowl under one window and a large fireclay piecrust sink under a second window. There is a walk-in pantry.
On the first floor, the master bedroom has a dressing area and an ensuite bathroom with a fully tiled walk-in shower and double ended bath.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
Two more bedroooms are on the first floor, along with a family bathroom. A fourth bedroom/study is located on the ground floor.
The rear cottage style garden is mostly enclosed by a brick wall; there is a detached garden with a workshop.
• For more information, contact Grays on 01733 203203 or visit www.grayshomes.com