A sympathetically extended home in Whittlesey boasting a host of luxury features could be yours
THERE is a unique opportunity to buy a charming 17th Century cottage set in the heart of Whittlesey – the home of the famous Straw Bear Festival.
The four-bedroom property, called The Locks, incorporates a wealth of features to make it a special country home.
The bespoke country kitchen is a cook’s dream, with its hand-painted solid wood kitchen cabinets, and the entrance hall/family room boasts an inglenook fireplace.
The Locks is in Barr’s Street, part of the town’s conservation area, and is being offered for sale by Whittlesey estate agents Grays at a price of �285,000.
The sympathetically extended property includes four reception rooms. The family room has a natural slate floor and exposed beams. The sun room faces south and has double French doors leading into the garden. An open fire is located in the lounge, and the sitting room has a hand painted decorative fire surround.
The cabinets in the kitchen diner include an integrated fridge, dishwasher, freezer and waste bin. The solid black granite worktops house a vegetable preparation bowl under one window and a large fireclay piecrust sink under a second window. There is a walk-in pantry.
On the first floor, the master bedroom has a dressing area and an ensuite bathroom with a fully tiled walk-in shower and double ended bath.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
Two more bedroooms are on the first floor, along with a family bathroom. A fourth bedroom/study is located on the ground floor.
The rear cottage style garden is mostly enclosed by a brick wall; there is a detached garden with a workshop.
• For more information, contact Grays on 01733 203203 or visit www.grayshomes.com