A totally modern look is coming for Leverington Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Leverington post office is being brought into the 21st century when it is given a modern make over to include Sunday opening hours.
The store will be closed for a day on Wednesday July 8 for the work to take place and the post office section will officially five days later.
Once re opened it will be available seven days a week which means an extra 33 hours.
The modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office, and will secure services for the future.
James Doran, Area Manager, said: “We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.
You may also want to watch:
“In 2012 we announced an investment of £1.34bn for the Post Office network to undertake a transformation programme across 6000 branches.
“In November 2013 the Government announced a further £640m investment in the Post Office network as well as allowing us to modernise a further 2000 branches.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“This funding allows us to invest £20 million in around 3,400 community branches, which are often the last shop in the village. The investment marks a commitment to our no more branch closure programme.”
The new service will mean an extra 33 hours a week when peole can use the Post Office.
The Post Office will open its local’ service in Church End, Leverington, on Monday 13 July at 1pm.
The service will be provided at an open-plan combination counter alongside the retail till. They will be available seven days a week during the store’s opening hours, Monday to Saturday 6.30am to 7pm and Sunday 8am to 12 noon.