Two seriously injured after car hits pedestrians on A1 near Stamford
- Credit: Google Maps
Two pedestrians were left seriously injured after a collision on a slip road of the A1 near Stamford.
A red Peugeot 206 struck the pedestrians on the slip road of the northbound carriageway for the B1081 at Carpenters Lodge at just after 11.40am on December 30.
Police and paramedics attended and a 17-year-old boy was taken to hospital by ambulance, while a 42-year-old man was airlifted to hospital.
Both pedestrians suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries and have since been discharged.
The driver of the Peugeot, a woman, remained on scene and is assisting police with their inquiries.
PC Doug McColm said: “We’re appealing for anyone who saw the collision to contact us as a matter of urgency.
"We are particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have dashcam footage.”
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
Anyone without internet access should call 101.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Cambridgeshire? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org