Pictures emerge of overturned lorry on A1 after driver is arrested on suspicion of drug driving
- Credit: Archant
Dramatic pictures have emerged from the A1 after a lorry driver was arrested on suspicion of drug driving following a major crash.
Pictures, taken by Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, show an overturned lorry on the main stretch of road Northbound at Brampton.
Two lorries and a car, were involved in a crash and one lorry driver has been taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.
Emergency services were called at around 7.30am today (August 7) to block the carriageway, causing standstill traffic and queues across the region.
Speaking earlier today, a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We are working with partners to manage the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Police and the Highways Agency are re-routing traffic to minimise further disruption.
“Agencies are also focussing on conducting welfare checks and suppling bottled water to those stuck in their vehicles as temperatures begin to rise.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
“We want to assure the public we are doing all we can to clear the road and get people moving.”