Pictures emerge of overturned lorry on A1 after driver is arrested on suspicion of drug driving
- Credit: Archant
Dramatic pictures have emerged from the A1 after a lorry driver was arrested on suspicion of drug driving following a major crash.
Pictures, taken by Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, show an overturned lorry on the main stretch of road Northbound at Brampton.
Two lorries and a car, were involved in a crash and one lorry driver has been taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.
Emergency services were called at around 7.30am today (August 7) to block the carriageway, causing standstill traffic and queues across the region.
Speaking earlier today, a spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We are working with partners to manage the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Police and the Highways Agency are re-routing traffic to minimise further disruption.
“Agencies are also focussing on conducting welfare checks and suppling bottled water to those stuck in their vehicles as temperatures begin to rise.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
“We want to assure the public we are doing all we can to clear the road and get people moving.”