Traffic chaos on the A14 near Cambridge after HGV collides with barrier
- Credit: Archant
There was major chaos on the A14 near Cambridge today after a lorry collided with the central reservation.
The incident happened in the early hours but the road was latest closed at Bar Hill for repairs and recovery.
Traffic was being diverted via exit and entry slip roads due to the collision and because of the need for recovery work and barrier repairs.
There are delays of 30 minutes on the M11 northbound link to the A14.
There are delays of 40 minutes on the A428 eastbound towards the M11/A14 junction
You may also want to watch:
Police say that “recovery is on-going at the moment”.
The A10 also suffered delays today, and the road from Haddenham to Wilburton was solid with vehicles heading towards Stretham.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital