Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- Credit: POLICING FENLAND
A pedestrian has died following a collision on the A141 at Wimblington today (Monday January 11).
A silver Mitsubishi L200 struck the 32-year-old man at about 7am.
Emergency services attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the car, a man in his 50s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, for treatment.
The road has now been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who saw the vehicle or pedestrian in the moments leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 39 of 11 January.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 8 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home