Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- Credit: POLICING FENLAND
A pedestrian has died following a collision on the A141 at Wimblington today (Monday January 11).
A silver Mitsubishi L200 struck the 32-year-old man at about 7am.
Emergency services attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the car, a man in his 50s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, for treatment.
The road has now been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who saw the vehicle or pedestrian in the moments leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 39 of 11 January.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years