Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- Credit: POLICING FENLAND
A pedestrian has died following a collision on the A141 at Wimblington today (Monday January 11).
A silver Mitsubishi L200 struck the 32-year-old man at about 7am.
Emergency services attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the car, a man in his 50s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, for treatment.
The road has now been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who saw the vehicle or pedestrian in the moments leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 39 of 11 January.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million