A142 at Mepal re-opened twelve hours after fatal collision between lorry and four vehicles
- Credit: Archant
The A142 at Mepal re-opened more than 12 hours after a collision which left one person dead and four others injured.
The road was closed between Sutton and Block Fen after police were called to reports of a serious collision at 6am.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue crews from Ely, Manea and Chatteris were then called to the scene at 6.04am.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Firefighters stabilised the vehicles and used specialist cutting equipment to release two casualties.
“Crews returned to their stations by 1.15pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Fenland Police tweeted at 7.25pm last night: “#a142 #mepal now open following earlier RTC.”
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 8 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre