A142 at Mepal re-opened twelve hours after fatal collision between lorry and four vehicles
- Credit: Archant
The A142 at Mepal re-opened more than 12 hours after a collision which left one person dead and four others injured.
The road was closed between Sutton and Block Fen after police were called to reports of a serious collision at 6am.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue crews from Ely, Manea and Chatteris were then called to the scene at 6.04am.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Firefighters stabilised the vehicles and used specialist cutting equipment to release two casualties.
“Crews returned to their stations by 1.15pm.”
Fenland Police tweeted at 7.25pm last night: “#a142 #mepal now open following earlier RTC.”
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire