A142 at Mepal re-opened twelve hours after fatal collision between lorry and four vehicles
- Credit: Archant
The A142 at Mepal re-opened more than 12 hours after a collision which left one person dead and four others injured.
The road was closed between Sutton and Block Fen after police were called to reports of a serious collision at 6am.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue crews from Ely, Manea and Chatteris were then called to the scene at 6.04am.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Firefighters stabilised the vehicles and used specialist cutting equipment to release two casualties.
“Crews returned to their stations by 1.15pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Fenland Police tweeted at 7.25pm last night: “#a142 #mepal now open following earlier RTC.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 8 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 9 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council