Driver hospitalised following serious crash on A142 near Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A driver involved in the crash on the A142 near Chatteris has been hospitalised for “observations” following last night’s incident.
The crash involved a Honda Civic and a Citroen Dispatch van. The two vehicles collided, leaving one in a nearby ditch on Thursday, December 6.
An eye-witness told this newspaper that fire crews were on scene at around 4.30pm. “Five firefighters were helping the driver”, they said.
The dark blue van was said to be “Smashed up at the front in the opposite lane” and a lorry was seen with its hazard lights on.
No injuries were reported, however the driver of the Honda Civic was taken to hospital for check-ups and observations.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at around 4.20pm to reports of an accident involving a van and a car on the A142 at Chatteris.
“One of the vehicles, a Honda Civic, had gone into a ditch and the other vehicle, a Citroen Dispatch was blocking the carriageway.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
The witness added: “People were running out of their cars towards the scene to offer help. A man wrapped in a blanket was sat at the side of the road.”