A428 in Cambridgeshire closed in both direction at Caxton Gibbet after lorry overturns
- Credit: Archant
Road users are advised that there are delays on the A428 in Cambridgeshire following an incident involving an overturned lorry.
The road is closed in both directions between the A1198 at Caxton Gibbet roundabout and B1428 near St Neots.
The incident happened just after 2.30pm today. The carriageway is closed in both directions near Eltisley, while emergency Services and Highways England deal with the incident.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journey and westbound traffic will be diverted via the A1198 towards Godmanchester, the A14 westbound towards Ellington, A1 southbound towards St Neots and then re-join the A428 and vice versa for eastbound traffic.
The carriageway will be fully re-opened as soon as it is safe to do so, but that is not expected to be until later this evening.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England provides live traffic information via its website (www.highways.gov.uk/traffic), local and national radio travel bulletins, electronic road signs and mobile platforms, such as the iPhone.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed