A47 closed for five hours at Walpole Highway and a man taken to hospital following collision on A47
- Credit: Archant
The A47 was closed in both directions at Walpole Highway when police dealt with a serious road traffic collision near King’s Lynn.
Officers were called at 5.53pm on Monday (July 28) to reports of a single vehicle collision on the A47 westbound carriageway.
Emergency services, including fire and ambulance, attended after a vehicle collided with the central reservation.
The air ambulance took the male driver, who was the only person inside the vehicle, to Addenbrookes hospital for treatment.
The road was closed and diversions put in place for about five hours while emergency services cleared the road of debris and repaired the central reservation barriers.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the collision should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens