Appeal for witnesses and dash cam footage following serious two vehicle collision on the A47
- Credit: Archant
Ten hours after a serious two vehicle collision on the A47 and police have re-opened the road following all night investigations.
A witness appeal has been launched to try to determine what happened at almost midnight on the stretch of road between Guyhirn and Wisbech. Officers re-opened the road at 10.10am following a two vehicle collision involving a van and a HGV.
Sgt Declan McDonagh said: “Two men in their 30s have been taken to hospital with serious injuries.
“I would urge anyone who saw this incident or those who may have dashcam footage to get in touch.”
The road remained closed while investigations took place and is now re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened yesterday (24) at around 11.50pm.
Diversions have been in place for motorists which caused rush hour congestion.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
• Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 474 of September 24 or report online at cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, you can report anonymously at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/.