A47 Guyhirn to Thorney stretch to close for three nights
- Credit: Archant
The A47 between Guyhirn and Thorney will be shut for three nights this week for road improvement works.
The stretch of road will be closed from 8pm to 6am from Wednesday to Friday while the road is resurfaced in both directions.
A Highways Agency spokesman said: “Eastbound traffic should leave the A47 at Dogsthorpe and take the A1139 southbound to its junction with A605 at Fletton Parkway.
“From there traffic should follow the A605 eastbound to its junction with A141, then follow the A141 northbound to rejoin the A47 eastbound.
“Westbound traffic should follow this diversion in reverse.”
The X1 bus route will be affected by the closure.
A First Bus spokesman said: “Journeys affected are those departing Wisbech Bus Station towards Peterborough at 8.53pm and 10.43pm and those departing Peterborough Bus Station at 8.20pm, 9.40pm and 11.30pm.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
“There may be some slight delays to journeys between King’s Lynn and Peterborough owing to the length of the diversion route and we are sorry for any inconvenience.”
Three weeks of mprovement work to the A47 Walsoken/Broadend Road junction starts on Thursday. (January 8)
New warning signs and renewing road markings will be installed.
Works should be finished by 30 January. Contractors will work between 8pm and 6am and use temporary traffic signals to manage traffic.