A47 improvement works scheduled for next week
- Credit: Archant
IMPROVEMENTS will be made to the Willow Hall Lane junction of the A47 near Thorney next week.
The work is scheduled to start on Monday and involves overnight lane and carriageway closures.
Road signs will be installed and road markings drawn out.
Anna Graham, highways agency project sponsor, said; “Safety is a top priority for the Highways Agency. We’re planning to install signing to improve awareness of the junction and renew the road markings, which will also include a new double white line overtaking restriction past the junction.
“The work has been planned to take place overnight, when traffic flows are lowest, to minimise disruption and will be carried out in two phases.”
You may also want to watch:
The work will be carried out between 8pm and 6am.
The A47 will be closed in both directions between the A16 Welland Road roundabout and the B1040 Station Road roundabout on Monday 4 and Tuesday March 5.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
A diversion route will be in place via the A16, B1443 and B1040.