Man airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after A47 crash between lorry and van
- Credit: Terry Harris / PaperPix.co.uk
A man has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the A47 between a lorry and a van.
The A47 has been closed at Church Road at Tilney All Saints after the crash between a lorry and a van, which happened at about 9.30am on Sunday morning.
A man has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, with what are described as serious injuries.
It happened on the Wisbech-bound carriageway, and the road was initially closed in both directions.
Though the King's Lynn-bound stretch has now reopened, the other side will remain closed from the Pullover roundabout to the Wisbech roundabout until at least 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England tweeted: 'This is likely to be a lengthy closure based on the information we're receiving so please plan ahead and consider alternative routes.'
A diversion is in place - for more information click here.
Fire crews from Wisbech, King's Lynn and West Walton attended the crash and provided scene safety.
- 1 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
A second crash also has closed another part of the A47 at the B198 roundabout at Walton Highway.
Diversions are in place and drivers also been asked to avoid this area.
• If you saw the crash, or have information about what happened, please call Norfolk police on 101.