Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- Credit: LINKEDIN
Tributes have been paid to a "much loved" woman who died following a crash on the A605 earlier this month.
The collision, involving a black Vauxhall Astra and a white Ford Transit van, happened at just after 6.15am on June 3 between Coates and March.
Emergency services attended but the driver of the car, Gabija Jokubauskaite, 23, of Norwich Road, Wisbech, died at the scene.
In a tribute, Gabija’s family said: “Much loved by everyone who had the privilege to know her.
"Gabija we share all of your joy and sad times.
“We will all keep her in our thoughts as she is greatly missed and leaves a big hole in our family.”
One of Gabija's friends also paid tribute, writing on Facebook: "RIP my lovely friend.
"Life is so unfair and has taken you away too soon only when your big life was just about to begin after your graduation."
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
The driver of the van, a 54-year-old man from Spalding, Lincolnshire suffered serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
There were no passengers in either vehicle.
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.