Police find smashed-up Vauxhall Astra car left abandoned on Chain Bridge in March
- Credit: SUPPLIED
An investigation is underway after an abandoned damaged car was found in the middle of the road yesterday afternoon.
The silver Vauxhall Astra - which had a damaged front end - was found on Chain Bridge on the outskirts of March at around 1.30pm on June 10.
It took a recovery team nearly four hours to arrive and take the wrecked vehicle - which was blocking one lane entirely - away from the scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called at about 1.30pm yesterday to reports of a damaged car which had been abandoned on Chain Bridge in March.
"The car, a silver Vauxhall Astra, was recovered at about 5.10pm."
You may also want to watch:
Did you witness the accident or the manner of driving before the car was left abandoned? Give us a call on 01354 661955 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire