Concerned driver warns ‘slow down - no one is invincible’ after Manea accident
- Credit: Archant
This is a picture of the car which was t-boned at Boots Bridge on Thursday evening. It’s okay, I’m not a facebook ghoul, I’m posting this because it was my car, just with the message, please SLOW DOWN everyone.
Both my family and the family in the car which hit us were fortunate enough to be in fairly new, well built vehicles, but I have just been to take the personal possessions from my vehicle in the recovery yard, and it is parked next to an older car which had also received side impact in which three people apparently died.
No one had removed the personal items from that car, a lot of it was baby-related paraphernalia, and I think it’s the saddest thing I’ve ever seen.
Fortunately, my family and I are not seriously injured, we have broken ribs, whiplash lots of cuts and bruises and all the associated pain, but we didn’t go into the river and we’re alive, but we are LUCKY.
The gentleman who hit us certainly didn’t do so maliciously, it must have been awful for him to watch what was happening, he was just a young man who made a mistake.
You may also want to watch:
But that’s just the point, we can ALL make mistakes and the faster you’re travelling, the less time you or your vehicle have to react to them, no one is invincible.
Indeed, several cars had raced past me in the 50MPH speed limit in the minutes before this happened. I have read several comments about “dangerous” and “poorly marked” junctions, so please, if you’re not sure about the road ,even more reason to drive with caution!
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Please just look at this picture and think about it at as you’re about to ram your accelerator into the floor, let’s all enjoy the summer and remember that life’s not a race to see who can reach the end quickest!
Please, just drive with caution and SLOW DOWN.