Accommodation at Doddington’s Askham Care Homes to be doubled after �4million cash boost
ACCOMMODATION at Askham Care Homes in Doddington is set to be doubled after a �4million cash injection.
The money will also help create new recreation facilities for residents, day visitors and families.
The investment, funded by Natwest, will increase accommodation for both the over 65s and the young physically disabled who are cared for at Askham House and Askham Place.
In addition to 38 new en-suite bedrooms, the new buildings will feature a recreation centre with a hydrotherapy pool, gym and caf� and a conference room, able to cater for up to 100 people. It is hoped the new facilities will be ready in the Spring.
Salim Giga, Director of Askham, said: “I believe we took the right decision to commit to this investment at the height of the recession in 2008; our bank was fully supportive and it is investments such as these that drive the economy at the local level. We hope this development will benefit Cambridgeshire, the Fenland and Doddington in particular.”
You may also want to watch:
“Since 1984, Askham Care Homes has been providing for the nursing and care needs in the East of England at the top end of the quality spectrum.
“We believe in providing respect and dignity for those in our care together with independence and privacy. This ethos has been the driving force in the design of the new purpose built facilities.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
“We are immensely proud of the work currently being undertaken at Askham Care Homes and look forward to welcoming many more people to benefit from the high levels of care and home atmosphere that we provide.”
Bookings are now open for the new facilities. For further information, please contact: Mary Rutterford or Marie Rankin on 01354 740269.