Accommodation at Doddington’s Askham Care Homes to be doubled after �4million cash boost
ACCOMMODATION at Askham Care Homes in Doddington is set to be doubled after a �4million cash injection.
The money will also help create new recreation facilities for residents, day visitors and families.
The investment, funded by Natwest, will increase accommodation for both the over 65s and the young physically disabled who are cared for at Askham House and Askham Place.
In addition to 38 new en-suite bedrooms, the new buildings will feature a recreation centre with a hydrotherapy pool, gym and caf� and a conference room, able to cater for up to 100 people. It is hoped the new facilities will be ready in the Spring.
Salim Giga, Director of Askham, said: “I believe we took the right decision to commit to this investment at the height of the recession in 2008; our bank was fully supportive and it is investments such as these that drive the economy at the local level. We hope this development will benefit Cambridgeshire, the Fenland and Doddington in particular.”
You may also want to watch:
“Since 1984, Askham Care Homes has been providing for the nursing and care needs in the East of England at the top end of the quality spectrum.
“We believe in providing respect and dignity for those in our care together with independence and privacy. This ethos has been the driving force in the design of the new purpose built facilities.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
“We are immensely proud of the work currently being undertaken at Askham Care Homes and look forward to welcoming many more people to benefit from the high levels of care and home atmosphere that we provide.”
Bookings are now open for the new facilities. For further information, please contact: Mary Rutterford or Marie Rankin on 01354 740269.