Achievement awards for young LEADA actors
- Credit: Archant
Seven talented young actors have been awarded for their ‘outstanding achievements’ throughout the year so far.
As members of LEADA, a Wisbech-based drama group set up three years ago by Linda Ekins, they were given a number of awards.
Laura Santos was named best newcomer, Cain Gray best dancer, Anderson MacCormick best vocal performer, Sophie Fenner most improved performer and Anya Robins most versatile actor.
Two members, Michaela Matthew and Ewan McConnachie, also received the outstanding contribution award in recognition of their hard work.
The company cup was awarded to Michaela Matthew, having been voted for by fellow actors for ‘being inspiring, supporting and a great friend and company member’.
You may also want to watch:
Linda Ekins, LEADA owner and principal tutor, said: “During the year at the Queen Mary Centre, all LEADA members developed skills and grew in confidence. “They created their own plays; devised plots, wrote scripts, honed characters, rehearsed and performed them to appreciative audiences.
“They learned much, made great friends and had a lot of fun.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
For more information about LEADA visit www.leada.biz