Advice day at Peterborough City Hospital for people who suffer with inflammatory bowel disease
- Credit: Archant
A day of advice for people suffering with inflammatory bowel disease is being held at Peterborough City Hospital.
Anyone who suffers with Crohn’s and Colitis is invited to the free day.
Consultant gastroenterologists, surgeons, inflammatory bowel disease specialist nurses and dieticians will be among the health experts available at the event which takes place on Saturday November 15 from 9.30am to 1pm in the hospital’s Learning Centre.
The event has been organised by the hospital’s IBD patient panel – which is made up of patients who have used the hospital’s IBD services.
Chairman of the panel, John Humphries, said: “Our aim is to offer IBD sufferers, and their families, the chance to understand further how they can manage their condition.
You may also want to watch:
“The hospital has a great service and it might be that some people have not yet been able to obtain specialist advice. We would welcome any one attending the event – be it someone who is newly-diagnosed, or experiencing symptoms they suspect might be IBD, to someone who has lived with their condition for some time and can perhaps offer advice to others.”
The event will feature presentations and interactive sessions to give attendees the chance to pose questions and take part in discussions.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The event will also be supported by the charity Crohns and Colitis UK. Refreshments will be provided.
Anyone wishing to register their attendance, or who would like further information, can call the hospital’s communications team on 01733 678024.