Affair’ row lands boyfriend in court
CONVINCED his partner Nicola Burgoyne was having an affair, Craig Wayman packed his bags and assaulted her. He then left the property – and when he returned, he tried to break his way into their home with a hammer, smashing glass in the door and kicking t
CONVINCED his partner Nicola Burgoyne was having an affair, Craig Wayman packed his bags and assaulted her.
He then left the property - and when he returned, he tried to break his way into their home with a hammer, smashing glass in the door and kicking the banister.
He had drunk threequarters of a bottle of wine, and when he drove off in his works van he scraped Ms Burgoyne's car. Police discovered he was over the drink-drive limit.
At Fenland magistrates' court on Tuesday, Wayman, 28, of Doddington Road, Benwick, admitted assault, causing criminal damage to his landlord's property, and drink-driving.
You may also want to watch:
He had been in a relationship with Ms Burgoyne for 10 years, said prosecutor John Goodier.
She awoke on January 25 to hear him packing. She denied having an affair and the couple argued. When Wayman pushed her she fell over, and he left. He later returned and tried unsuccessfully to break into their home using a lump hammer.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
"They had a long-term relationship but he believed his partner had involved herself with someone else," said David Chapple, in mitigation.
"He lost control, and has only partial recollection of what happened. He accepts he pushed her."
Wayman was banned from driving for a year, fined a total of £300 and ordered to pay £300 compensation and £60 costs.