Age UK and Wisbech day centre debut “hit” Christmas party.
AGE UK Cambridgeshire joined forces with The Oasis Community and Children’s Centre to stage a “hit” Christmas party.
Festivities began on Friday morning where a raffle, buffet and musical favourite; ‘Hank’ kept party-goers entertained.
The local event is the first to invite members of Fenland’s day centres to enjoy a bigger and better bash this year; up to 40 members from Oasis and Boyden Court day centre united for the occasion, despite terrible weather conditions.
Lynne Hayden; organiser for the Oasis Centre said: “The weather nearly stopped it from taking place, but FACT (Fenland Association of Community Transport) saved the day and brought our rural clients to the party. If it wasn’t for them, most of the people who came wouldn’t have been there.”
“It was an absolute hit.” She added.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hayden setup the Christmas party with Angela Sawyer; organiser for Boyden Court day centre in Wisbech, with support from Age UK volunteers and there are high hopes it will be staged again next year.
To complement the festive celebrations, a members only Christmas lunch will be held next week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at The Oasis Centre.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s