Agent to Fens MP denied bail after court appearance on kidnapping and drugs charges
AN MP’s agent has been denied bail by a judge after being charged with the kidnap of a 50 year-old man.
Craig Jackson, 39, has appeared in the dock at Lincoln Crown Court accused of kidnapping the man last Sunday. He also faces a charge of possessing a class B drug, cannabis.
Jackson is the official spokesman and agent for South Holland and Deepings MP John Hayes.
His address was given in court as Wharf Street, Sutton Bridge, and he was remanded in custody after an appearance at Lincoln Crown Court. His next scheduled appearance is on March 2.
A 47 year old woman from Kings Lynn and a 37 year old woman from Holbeach have been charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
Jackson was arrested on Tuesday and made his first appearance in court today.
Det Insp Dave Swan said: “Although I cannot discuss specifics of the case as proceedings are active, I would like to reassure the public that all indications are that this was not a random attack.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village