Agent to Fens MP denied bail after court appearance on kidnapping and drugs charges
AN MP’s agent has been denied bail by a judge after being charged with the kidnap of a 50 year-old man.
Craig Jackson, 39, has appeared in the dock at Lincoln Crown Court accused of kidnapping the man last Sunday. He also faces a charge of possessing a class B drug, cannabis.
Jackson is the official spokesman and agent for South Holland and Deepings MP John Hayes.
His address was given in court as Wharf Street, Sutton Bridge, and he was remanded in custody after an appearance at Lincoln Crown Court. His next scheduled appearance is on March 2.
A 47 year old woman from Kings Lynn and a 37 year old woman from Holbeach have been charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
You may also want to watch:
Jackson was arrested on Tuesday and made his first appearance in court today.
Det Insp Dave Swan said: “Although I cannot discuss specifics of the case as proceedings are active, I would like to reassure the public that all indications are that this was not a random attack.”
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 3 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 8 Drink driver reported after village crash
- 9 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology