Agent to Fens MP denied bail after court appearance on kidnapping and drugs charges
AN MP’s agent has been denied bail by a judge after being charged with the kidnap of a 50 year-old man.
Craig Jackson, 39, has appeared in the dock at Lincoln Crown Court accused of kidnapping the man last Sunday. He also faces a charge of possessing a class B drug, cannabis.
Jackson is the official spokesman and agent for South Holland and Deepings MP John Hayes.
His address was given in court as Wharf Street, Sutton Bridge, and he was remanded in custody after an appearance at Lincoln Crown Court. His next scheduled appearance is on March 2.
A 47 year old woman from Kings Lynn and a 37 year old woman from Holbeach have been charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
You may also want to watch:
Jackson was arrested on Tuesday and made his first appearance in court today.
Det Insp Dave Swan said: “Although I cannot discuss specifics of the case as proceedings are active, I would like to reassure the public that all indications are that this was not a random attack.”
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone