Ahoy there me hearties! Pupils turn into pirates to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A bad hair day, pirates day and music concert were among events to raise £1,700 for charity thanks to children at Wisbech Grammar Preparatory School.
Magdalene House students organised an abundance of fund raising events to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Headmaster Chris Moxon said: “This is a tremendous achievement, these events are organised by our pupils for causes chosen by them.
“Thank you to everyone who donated and helped to support our fund raising events for Great Ormond Street.”
Events organised included, an Easter bunny raffle, bad hair day, music concert, pirate-themed extravaganza, cake sale and a scavenger hunt.
You may also want to watch:
The children also took the opportunity to run a collection during their school production of Peter Pan.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion