Airing your dirty laundry in public could earn Wisbech an award.
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech shopping centre goes head to head with the Bullring in Birmingham in a bid to win an innovation award.
The Horsefair has received a nomination for the SCEPTRE awards and hopes to bring a national trophy back to the Fens.
The awards recognise best practice in the shopping centre industry and are one of the most recognised accolades in the sector.
Centre manager Kevin Smith said: “I’m over the moon with this nomination. It’s amazing to see the Horsefair listed alongside some of the most prestigious shopping centre’s in the UK.
“The launderette has proved to be incredibly popular, it’s such a unique idea that not many places in the UK have so to be recognised for commercial innovation is brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“Just being shortlisted is a great achievement that I’m very proud of but it would be fantastic to go through and win.”
The nomination is for the Revolution Launderette installed at the centre in February.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
The Horsefair is in the commercialisation innovation of the year category and is up against five other shopping centres including the Bullring in Birmingham.
The results will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Dorchester in London on June 21.