Airport charity bubbles up for Joshua
ANDY and Jane Bartlett, from Chatteris, said a big thank-you to the Stansted Airport Charity for donating the £840 they needed to buy a special bubble tube for their five year old son Joshua who suffers with tuberous sclerosis. Tuberous sclerosis is a dis
ANDY and Jane Bartlett, from Chatteris, said a big thank-you to the Stansted Airport Charity for donating the £840 they needed to buy a special bubble tube for their five year old son Joshua who suffers with tuberous sclerosis.
Tuberous sclerosis is a disease that causes tumours to form on Joshua's heart, brain and kidneys. It also causes epilepsy and brings on fits between 20 and 25 times a day.
Joshua is unable to walk or talk.
There is no cure for TSC, and it can appear even in parents who do not carry the gene.
You may also want to watch:
Andy, who is a sergeant with Essex Police based at Stansted Airport, said: "Sergeant Pirie who is one of my colleagues heard about the Stansted Airport Charity and decided to apply to see if they would donate some money towards the bubble tube. We were absolutely delighted when they came up trumps with the whole amount. Joshua loves his bubble tube and it is without a doubt the most favourite item in his room.
"We would all just like to say thanks to everyone involved. It has made all the difference."
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Joshua enjoys any sensory activity and the bubble tube is ideal with its bubble effects and changing colours.