Aisle bet this is the biggest wedding shop in the country!
- Credit: Archant
The Fens is fast becoming the capital of the wedding world thanks to a businesswoman whose idea has grown from selling bespoke dresses to providing a complete marriage package.
Savvy Cinderellas is moving from its intimate village base to a two-storey unit where the upstairs will be set up completely within a marquee to give visitors the feeling they are at an actual wedding.
The business already attracts brides-to-be from all over the UK and has even seen a woman fly from Australia to the Fens to have her dress designed and made by the Savvy Cinderella team.
Sue Lovell said: “The idea is to showcase the best of the best in everything wedding-related in the area.
“The new venue will mean we can create a permanent wedding fair.”
You may also want to watch:
Exhibits include award winning cakes, floristry, vintage cars, photography, off the rail and bespoke dresses, groomswear and mother of the bride dresses.
Mrs Lovell, who is relocating the business from Manea to a large unit in Foundry Way, March, is including late night openings to cater for busy couples who can only find time for their wedding planning in the evenings.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
With a background in sales and marketing, Mrs Lovell started the business from her Charlemont Drive home six years ago with no idea of just how big it would become.
“Within the first week it featured on the Radio 2 Jeremy Vine show and it has been busy ever since.
“For me the power of the internet has brought in a huge amount of custom, people come from all over the country.”
Savvy Cinderellas is holding a VIP opening night on Friday November 1 and a general public open day on Sunday 3.
Opening times are Monday closed, Tuesday to Thursday noon to 9pm, Friday 10-5 and Saturday 9.30-5.
For details call 01354-688138.