Aisle take one of those! Bridal auction site unveiled
- Credit: Archant
UNVEILED this week for brides on a budget is a brand new internet auction site selling designer secondhand dresses launched by a Fenland wedding specialist.
The site, called Savvy Cinder, aims to provide brides-to-be with a chance to browse top quality gowns at bargain prices.
Run along the same lines as ebay, dresses can be uploaded for sale or auction on a site that its founder, Sue Lovell, hopes will become a specialist centre for good quality used wedding items.
Mrs Lovell, who has been in the wedding dress hire and buy business for five years from her Manea home, launched the auction site after getting up to 15 requests a day from people all over the country asking if she would buy their secondhand gowns.
“The aim is to make it a specialist site for top quality used wedding dresses,” she said.
Mrs Lovell set out in the wedding dress market in 2008 with Savvy Cinderella.
After being featured on a new business programme on Radio 2 she spent the first nine months filling orders from people all over the UK.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 6 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 7 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
Since then her business has grown so that she hires wedding and prom gowns as well as supplying new designer items.
In addition she designs and makes bespoke dresses for customers with the help of her resident seamstress, provides a cake making service, wedding photography and car hire.
“It is a real wedding one stop shop,” she said.
As part of her launch she is offering readers a chance to list a dress for sale for free by entering the code cambstimes on her Savvy Cinder site.