Aisle take one of those! Bridal auction site unveiled
- Credit: Archant
UNVEILED this week for brides on a budget is a brand new internet auction site selling designer secondhand dresses launched by a Fenland wedding specialist.
The site, called Savvy Cinder, aims to provide brides-to-be with a chance to browse top quality gowns at bargain prices.
Run along the same lines as ebay, dresses can be uploaded for sale or auction on a site that its founder, Sue Lovell, hopes will become a specialist centre for good quality used wedding items.
Mrs Lovell, who has been in the wedding dress hire and buy business for five years from her Manea home, launched the auction site after getting up to 15 requests a day from people all over the country asking if she would buy their secondhand gowns.
“The aim is to make it a specialist site for top quality used wedding dresses,” she said.
Mrs Lovell set out in the wedding dress market in 2008 with Savvy Cinderella.
After being featured on a new business programme on Radio 2 she spent the first nine months filling orders from people all over the UK.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Teenage driver dies yards from home in 2am crash
Since then her business has grown so that she hires wedding and prom gowns as well as supplying new designer items.
In addition she designs and makes bespoke dresses for customers with the help of her resident seamstress, provides a cake making service, wedding photography and car hire.
“It is a real wedding one stop shop,” she said.
As part of her launch she is offering readers a chance to list a dress for sale for free by entering the code cambstimes on her Savvy Cinder site.