Aisle take one of those! Bridal auction site unveiled
- Credit: Archant
UNVEILED this week for brides on a budget is a brand new internet auction site selling designer secondhand dresses launched by a Fenland wedding specialist.
The site, called Savvy Cinder, aims to provide brides-to-be with a chance to browse top quality gowns at bargain prices.
Run along the same lines as ebay, dresses can be uploaded for sale or auction on a site that its founder, Sue Lovell, hopes will become a specialist centre for good quality used wedding items.
Mrs Lovell, who has been in the wedding dress hire and buy business for five years from her Manea home, launched the auction site after getting up to 15 requests a day from people all over the country asking if she would buy their secondhand gowns.
“The aim is to make it a specialist site for top quality used wedding dresses,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lovell set out in the wedding dress market in 2008 with Savvy Cinderella.
After being featured on a new business programme on Radio 2 she spent the first nine months filling orders from people all over the UK.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
Since then her business has grown so that she hires wedding and prom gowns as well as supplying new designer items.
In addition she designs and makes bespoke dresses for customers with the help of her resident seamstress, provides a cake making service, wedding photography and car hire.
“It is a real wedding one stop shop,” she said.
As part of her launch she is offering readers a chance to list a dress for sale for free by entering the code cambstimes on her Savvy Cinder site.