Alan Bartlett & Sons of Chatteris creates world’s first fully automatic parsnip trimming line
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris based root vegetable producer is about to unveil a world first - the world’?s first fully automated parsnip trimming line.
Developed over the past two years in partnership with Dutch engineering firm, Feltracon, the machinery takes pride of place at Alan Bartlett & Sons.
The automated trimming line, which has cost more than £1 million to develop, is expected to be up and running within weeks. It brings with it a various benefits, including increased output and an improved cut.
Director Terry Hawthorn said: “We are immensely proud of our work in the development of the new parsnip trimming line.
“The Alan Bartlett business is renowned across the industry for being at the forefront of new technology investments and once again we have introduced something that will be a standard within the root supply base over the next few years.
You may also want to watch:
“We have always been dedicated to finding the most effective ways to work and this acquisition will have a large, positive impact on the quality of our produce and our retailer offering.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 4 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 5 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country