Aldi reveal new Chatteris store ‘make over’ to include small extension, new loading dock and parking spaces down from 167 to 136
- Credit: Archant
Aldi has decided its new store in Chatteris – that expects to provide 40 jobs- will be enlarged before it opens to shoppers.
The company has put in an application to Fenland District Council to extend the former Co-op in Bridge Street.
The application says the firm wants to carry out a range of works before they open including a small extension/
The extra room will allow Aldi room for a new loading dock and other works includes re-configuring and re surfacing the car park, re cladding the area and internal alterations.
The existing entrance lobby will also be removed and there will be new shop front glazing and a new entrance canopy.
You may also want to watch:
Aldi’s plans show parking spaces to be reduced from 167 to 136 and a reduction in disability spaces from 14 to five.
The Co-op closed in Chatteris in February with the loss of 57 jobs. The new store is not expected to open until early next year.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages