Alison Hammond of ITV’s This Morning to star as Genie in Cresset Peterborough pantomime
- Credit: Archant
A daytime TV star will be entertaining Peterborough audiences in pantomime this Christmas.
Alison Hammond, who is known to millions as the celebrity interviewer on ITV’s This Morning, has been cast as the Genie in The Cresset Theatre’s production of Aladdin presented by Premier Pantomimes.
Alison will be bringing her larger than life personality and bubbly humour to the show as she springs from the magic lamp to grant Aladdin his wishes.
Her charm and sense of fun rate her number one with the celebrities she has interviewed - she’s tap-danced with Renée Zellweger, rapped with Will Smith, jammed with Russell Crowe and been serenaded by Hugh Jackman.
Alison is no stranger to pantomime, and has appeared most recently in Jack & The Beanstalk and Beauty & The Beast.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am thrilled to playing the Genie in Aladdin this year and performing in Peterborough. I am really looking forward to the lamp being rubbed so that I can come out and make everyone’s wishes come true.”
Tickets for Aladdin, which ill run from December 12-30, are on sale at £15.50 or £12 with prices frozen until August 31.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
To book go online at www.cresset.co.uk or call the box office on 01733 265705. Offers are available for schools and group bookers. Contact the groups co-ordinator on 01733 842500