All aboard the Santa train calling at Ely, Manea, March, Whittlesey and Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
There’s a Christmas treat in store for families taking a train trip through Fenland next weekend (December 12).
Santa Claus and his helpers will be on board for two return journeys from Ely to Peterborough. They’ll be strolling up and down the train, handing out mince pies and small presents for children.
The Santa train has been organised by the Hereward Community Rail Partnership, in partnership with the train operator, Abellio Greater Anglia.
Santa will start his first journey at Ely at 10.58am on the train that calls at Manea, March and Whittlesea before arriving at Peterborough at 11.39am.
He will then take the 11.50am train back to Ely, arriving there at 12.32pm.
On his second return trip he will leave Ely at 12.58pm, getting to Peterborough at 1.39pm, He’ll then head back on the 1.50pm service, due in to Ely at 2.32pm.
Volunteers from the Friends of March Railway Station will be assisting on the day.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
Paul Stannard, Abellio Greater Anglia’s area customer service manager, said: “We’re delighted to be welcoming Santa to the Hereward Line for the first time this year. We look forward to welcoming families joining us for a fun, festive trip.”
• For more information on the Hereward Community Rail Partnership and details of local train services, visit www.fenland.gov.uk/herewardcrpAll aboard the Santa train!