All change but no change at North Cambs Hospital as nursing and administrative staff now come under QEH at Kings Lynn
- Credit: Archant
The organisation which provides nursing and administrative support to outpatient and endoscopy services at North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech is changing on April 1.
In May 2015, Cambridgeshire Community Services (CCS) NHS Trust gave notice to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (the CCG) on the contract they hold to provide nursing support for outpatients and endoscopy services at North Cambs Hospital Wisbech.
The consultants providing these services are employed by Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kings Lynn (QEHKL). The CCG has therefore agreed with QEHKL to transfer the employment of the nursing and administrative services staff to QEHKL.
CCS NHS Trust has undertaken a staff consultation with the affected staff. Whilst their employer will change, the staff will continue to work at North Cambs Hospital so patients will see very little change (medical records are already the responsibility of the QEHKL and will remain so).
Staff will be protected as the transfer will take place under Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) TUPE guidelines.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Humphris, chief officer for Wisbech Local Commissioning Group said: “High quality outpatient services will continue to be provided at North Cambs Hospital.
“We understand that for people who live in and around Wisbech having these services close to home is very important and we are committed to continuing to provide services in this location.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“Queen Elizabeth Hospital already provides services at North Cambs so this is mainly a change of employer for the staff who work in those services and will not affect the care provided.”
If you have any questions about services provided at North Cambs Hospital you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison team at the QEHKL on 01553 613351 or 01553 613343. Alternatively call the CCG patient experience team on FREEPHONE 0800 279 2535